About Our Graduate Programs
The College of Education provides cutting-edge professional education through its Master’s (M.A. and M.Ed.) and Doctoral (Ph.D.and Ed.D.) degree programs, as well as Post Baccalaureate Professional Certificate programs.
Graduate students are presented with rigorous and innovative experiences with the opportunity to learn from and work with world-renowned faculty leaders in their respective fields. Classroom experiences and research opportunities are interwoven, assuring our students develop their skills as future practitioners, faculty, and researchers. Throughout the programs students investigate the characteristics of learners, contextual influences, instructional practices, and policy issues that affect the teaching, learning, and development of children, youth, and adults.
Please view our list of programs offerings below. More detailed information is provided by clicking on the program links. To contact the specific graduate program of interest please submit an inquiry form.
You may also visit our admission requirements webpage for information on applying, deadlines and required application materials.
» Graduate Programs by Department
The College of Education at the University of Maryland provides research – and practice–oriented programs through its three departments: Teaching, Learning, Policy and Leadership; Counseling, Higher Education and Special Education; and Human Development and Quantitative Methodology. (Note: Click on program title to be directed to program website; Click on degree type to be taken to the degree information page)
- Teaching and Learning, Policy and Leadership (TLPL)
- Curriculum Theory/Development - M.A.
- Educational Policy - M.A.
- Socio-cultural Foundation of Education - M.A.
- Arts Integration - M.Ed.
- English and Literacy Education - M.A.(thesis); M.Ed.; Ph.D.
- Mathematics Education - M.A.(thesis); Ph.D.
- Middle School Mathematics Teaching and Learning - M.Ed.
- Minority & Urban Education (MUE) - M.A.(thesis); - Ph.D.
- Music Education - Ph.D.
- Professional Development and Teacher Education - Ph.D.
- Reading Education/Reading Specialist- M.Ed.
- Science Education - M.A.(thesis); Ph.D.
- Technology, Learning, Policy and Leadership - Ph.D. Areas of Specialization: Language, Literacy and Social Inquiry (LLSI), Mathematics and Science Education (MSED), Minority and Urban Education (MUED), Teacher Education and Professiona Development (TEPD), Technology, Learning and Leadership (TLLP), Education Policy and Leadership (EDPL)
- Teacher Leadership in the Schools - M.Ed. Areas of Specialization: Art, Arts Integration, Elementary/Middle School, English, Mathematics, Minority and Urban Education, Science, Social Studies, Special Studies, TESOL, World Languages
- Counseling, Higher Education, and Special Education (CHSE)
- Higher Education - M.A.; Ph.D.
- International Education Policy - M.A.; Ph.D.
- Student Affairs - M.A.; M.Ed.; Ph.D
- .Applied Counseling and Human Services;
Career Planning and Placement for Youth in Transition - Certificate
- Special Education - M.A.; M.Ed.; A.G.S.; Ph.D.
- Human Development and Quantitative Methodology (HDQM)
- Human Development - M.A.; M.Ed. ; Ph.D.
- Adolescent Cognitive Development and Motivation to Read (ACDMR) – Certificate
- Achievement Motivation & Adolescent Self and Social Processes (AMASSP) - Certificate
- Measurement and Statistics - M.A.; Ph.D.
- Measurement, Statistics and Evaluation - Certificate