- Jeff MacSwan Co-Authors NAS Report on Educating English Learners
- Laura Stapleton Receives 2017 Graduate Faculty Mentor of the Year Award
- COE Alumna Named as Finalist for Montgomery County Public Schools Teacher of the Year Award
- UMD Researcher Awarded NSF Grant to Advance Diversity in STEM Fields
- Rebecca Silverman Awarded Fulbright Scholar Grant to Teach in Myanmar
- HDQM Doctoral Student Awarded Harold Gulliksen Psychometric Research Fellowship
- The Cost of a College Education: Guzman Studies Postgraduate Outcomes for Latino Students
- Cixin Wang Awarded APA Grant to Fund Anti-bullying Resource for Asian American Families
TLPL Professor Jeff MacSwan recently co-authored a report by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine that provides an overview of research on bilingualism and effective approaches to teaching second language learners.
Cherin (Orlin) Hershowitz, a 2003 graduate of the University of Maryland College of Education and a math content specialist at Roberto Clemente Middle School in Germantown, is one of three educators who have been named finalists for the 2017–2018 Montgomery County Public Schools Teacher of the Year Award.
Enjoy family-friendly and interactive events at the University of Maryland’s one-day open house. Activities from the College of Education include Family Yoga and Dance at the Center for Young Children and Sand Art in the Sun.