- Research by Magdalena H. Gross Featured in Holocaust Education Publications by IHRA and UNESCO
- CHSE Doctoral Student Awarded Ford Foundation Dissertation Fellowship
- Report: To Increase All High Schoolers’ Access to Dual Enrollment in College, Strengthen Maryland State Program
- Improving Classroom Management and Teacher Self-Care in Refugee Education
- College of Education Recognizes Faculty, Staff and Students at Annual Awards Ceremony
- ETS Second Annual Open House and Tech Demo Day for COE Faculty and Staff
- Spring 2017 UMD & College of Education Commencements on May 21-22
- Jeff MacSwan Co-Authors NAS Report on Educating English Learners
Spring 2017 commencement ceremonies are just around the corner for College of Education graduates, with college and campus events taking place on May 21 and 22.
TLPL Professor Jeff MacSwan recently co-authored a report by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine that provides an overview of research on bilingualism and effective approaches to teaching second language learners.
Cherin (Orlin) Hershowitz, a 2003 graduate of the University of Maryland College of Education and a math content specialist at Roberto Clemente Middle School in Germantown, is one of three educators who have been named finalists for the 2017–2018 Montgomery County Public Schools Teacher of the Year Award.