- Infants Learn Persistence by Modeling Adult Behavior
- College of Education Welcomes New Faculty for 2017-18 Academic Year
- ETS Welcome Back - Fall 2017!
- Former Education Secretary and President and CEO of The Education Trust, John B. King, Jr., Joins UMD College of Education Faculty
- Jack and Doris Simich: Why Scholarships Matter
- General Purpose Classroom Technology Upgrades Completed
- PhD Student Alexander D’Esterre Awarded the Graham Memorial Scholarship in Education
- Study: For Infants, Parenting and Stress Physiology Interact to Predict Behavioral Problems
- Dean Rice and Prof. Malen Co-Author Book About Teacher Performance-Based Pay
- University of Maryland Names Jennifer King Rice as Dean of the College of Education
The University of Maryland has named Jennifer King Rice, Ph.D., as Dean of the College of Education, effective July 1, 2017. Rice joined UMD’s College of Education in 1995 as an assistant professor, and currently serves as associate dean for graduate studies and faculty affairs, and professor of education policy.
Second graders from East Silver Spring Elementary School, led by alumna teacher Tauna Lane, recently took a field trip to the University of Maryland, where they met college students, ran the length of a football field and ate ice cream from Maryland Dairy.
Catherine Kuhns, a doctoral student in the College of Education’s Department of Human Development and Quantitative Methodology, has been selected to receive a Doris Duke Fellowship for the Promotion of Child Well-Being.