- Study: For Dual Language Learners, Peer Grit Matters More than Individual Grit
- COE Alumnus John C. Hernandez Named President of Santiago Canyon College in California
- Dean Rice and Prof. Malen Co-Author Book About Teacher Performance-Based Pay
- Natasha Cabrera Co-Authors NAS Study on Parenting and Child Development
- University of Maryland Names Jennifer King Rice as Dean of the College of Education
- On Field Trip, Local Second Graders, Led by Alumna Teacher, Learn about College Firsthand
- College of Education Doctoral Student awarded Doris Duke Fellowship
- NAS Report Evaluates Assessment Measures in the Nationís Report Card
- CHSE Doctoral Student Participates in AERA-UCEA Graduate Student Research Seminar
- Maryland Teacher Shortage? Report Finds Complex Labor Market Trends
- Research by Magdalena H. Gross Featured in Holocaust Education Publications by IHRA and UNESCO
The University of Maryland has named Jennifer King Rice, Ph.D., as Dean of the College of Education, effective July 1, 2017. Rice joined UMDís College of Education in 1995 as an assistant professor, and currently serves as associate dean for graduate studies and faculty affairs, and professor of education policy.
Second graders from East Silver Spring Elementary School, led by alumna teacher Tauna Lane, recently took a field trip to the University of Maryland, where they met college students, ran the length of a football field and ate ice cream from Maryland Dairy.
Catherine Kuhns, a doctoral student in the College of Educationís Department of Human Development and Quantitative Methodology, has been selected to receive a Doris Duke Fellowship for the Promotion of Child Well-Being.