- Students and Alumni Make Connections at Jump Start Your Career Networking Event
- Peter Leone Presents "Juvenile Justice Systems and Children with Disabilities," at National Academy of Sciences
- Lucas Butler named "Rising Star" by the Association for Psychological Science
- Gulnoza Yakubova Focuses on Independent Life Skills for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Earn an M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership: Special Studies in STEM Education
- Cixin Wang Awarded APA Grant to Fund Anti-bullying Resource for Asian American Families
||The Finnish Educational System from Early Childhood through Age 15
Principles, Practices, and Insights
||Using Technology to Support Language Growth
Presented by Laurah Jurca, MS
Multilingual Research Center Workshop
On Feb. 2, Prof. Peter Leone presented at the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine. Dr. Leone highlighted the links between disability and school failure, as well as the vulnerability of special education students to juvenile justice system involvement.
Dr. Gross’ project, Teaching the Difficult Past: Making Sense of Slavery with Primary Sources from The Library of Congress, will culminate in professional development workshops for UMD student-teachers.