- Amelia Segal from NBC4 News visits the Green Room. more....
- PSLA professor and students plan playground renovations at the University's Center for Young Children more....
- The CYC celebrates Global Hand Washing more....
Welcome to the Center for Young Children (CYC)! As a laboratory school under the College of Education since 1948, CYC has provided a sound early childhood program for children from 3 to 5 years of age. Our program is grounded in the philosophy of John Dewey who believed in the ability of children to learn from high quality first hand experiences. Children study their world by questioning, hypothesizing, and summarizing information on how the world works. The University community is a rich primary source of discovery for the children. Our mission is three fold:
- Educating preschool and kindergarten children
- Providing professional opportunities for both pre service and veteran teachers
- Supporting research on how children develop and learn
Please join us to learn more about the CYC.
Dr. Francine Favretto