FACTS & FIGURES
- 1,941 Enrollment (2011-2012)
- 876 Undergraduate majors
- 1,065 Graduate majors
- 101 Full-time tenure/tenure-track faculty
- 41,320 Alumni
- Over 30 Degree programs and specializations at the Bachelorís, Masterís and Doctoral levels
Click here for a COE Fact Sheet.
OUR VISIONThe College of Education will be a premier center for interdisciplinary research and innovation engaged with the most vital education issues of the 21st century. Our research, both basic and applied, will create new knowledge about all facets of education and human development--infancy through adulthood. Our students will be the next generation of scholars and transformative leaders: innovators in research and lifelong advocates of social justice and educational reform, dedicated to improving opportunities and outcomes in all areas of practice.
- Promote equity through quality education and human services, especially for individuals in traditionally underserved groups and communities.
- Collaborate across all areas of expertise within the College and across the University to prepare teachers, researchers, school leaders, policymakers, and other education professionals to work in critical areas of need.
- Leverage our location near the nation’s capital to form strategic partnerships with school districts, government agencies, and national community-based organizations to promote sustainable reforms in local, state, national and global contexts.