The top-notch research infrastructure at the University of Maryland provides faculty and researchers with a wealth of resources and assistance to ensure a successful research program. Below are some useful resources to assist faculty and graduate students with their research endeavors.
- Funding Opportunities List of potential funding opportunities for faculty, postdoctoral fellows, international students, and dissertation research.
- Budget Worksheets Budget templates for major sponsors are available through Box UMD. Please log in to access.
- Templates Templates and samples for various sections of the proposal narrative. Available through Box UMD. Please log in to access.
- Sample Proposals Library of successful proposals for various sponsors submitted by COE faculty. Available through Box UMD. Please log in to access.
- Support Program for Advancing Research and Collaboration (SPARC) The College of Education's Support Program for Advancing Research and Collaboration (SPARC) is a competitive grant program for new assistant professors and doctoral candidates developed to enhance and supplement the research agenda of the College and departments.
- UM Division of Research General information about Research at the University of Maryland including links to relevant resources.
- Office of Research Administration The Office of Research Administration (ORA) is responsible for pre-award and post-award administration for the University of Maryland. ORA identifies research opportunities and partnerships, facilitates the submission of all sponsored projects proposals on behalf of the University, negotiates and executes agreements, provides sponsored projects education and communication, and assists faculty, staff, and students in managing projects which are awarded to the University.
- CIEE: Council on International Educational Exchange CIEE invites Directors of Graduate Studies (or in the absence of a departmental DGS, a Chair) to nominate a qualified doctoral candidate for a Ping Fellowship. These Fellowships, funded through a small endowment, are named after Dr. Charles Ping, President Emeritus of Ohio University and a long-time former Chairman of the CIEE Board of Directors. Please visit the CIEE website, http://www.ciee.org/study/why-ciee/ping-eligibility.aspx) for details about eligibility, requirements, and the nomination of candidates.