- Candise Lin, doctoral candidate in the Human Development program has received a National Science Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Research Award. November 2012
- The following HDQM Faculty received recognition for their outstanding achievements: Patricia A. Alexander (Regents Faculty Award for Mentoring); Ann A. Battle (COE Distinguished Outreach Award); Gregory Hancock (COE Distinguished Scholarship Award); Melanie Killen (Director of Graduate Studies of the Year Award); Andre Rupp (AERA Division D Significant Contribution to Research Methodology Award); and both Natasha Cabrera and Meredith Rowe (ADVANCE Award). Summer 2012
- More news...
Early Childhood Undergraduate ProgramThe mission of the early childhood teacher education program at the University of Maryland is to prepare knowledgeable, skilled and reflective practitioners who base their practice on theory, research, and pedagogy appropriate for the developing child.
Rationale for the Program
Based upon a strong departmental research agenda and national standards for teacher education programs, the ECE curriculum has been developed around:
- Child development
- Research infused content courses
- Extensive observations
- Field experiences in high quality professional development schools
- Integration of the Center for Young Children (CYC) into the program/PDS Network.
- A critical component of the program is the need for students to understand and value the importance and complexity of children's families and communities.