Graduate Certificate in Career Planning and Placement for Youth in Transition
Join us for Cohort 4: Fall 2017 to Summer 2018
Are you interested in improving your expertise to assist youth with disabilities as they pursue their careers? The Department of Counseling, Higher Education, and Special Education at the University of Maryland offers a Graduate Certificate in Applied Counseling and Human Services with an emphasis on Career Planning and Placement for Youth in Transition. First course begins September, 2017
Deadline for Fall admission is July 1, 2017.
Certificate Program Features
Course Sequence [click here]
- One year academic program: 12 graduate credit hours, one online course at a time
- Four dynamic courses filled with the latest in best practices
- Nationally recognized instructors and award-winning content
- Specifically designed for working professionals
- Courses may be transferred to relevant degree programs in rehabilitation and special education
- Must be employed in an eligible special education, rehabilitation, or related program
- Minimum of bachelor's degree with a 3.0 GPA
- Completed application, application fee, and transcripts
- Letter of support signed by direct supervisor and agency director
- Regular access to a computer, internet and email
- For questions please email the program director, Dr. Debra Neubert, firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a limited number of tuition scholarships from the National Institute of Disability and Rehabilitation Research for qualified candidates who are admitted to the Certificate Program. The schloarship covers about half of the cost of attending the Certificate Program approximately $4000. More information about tuition scholarships will be provided upon admission to the Certificate Program. The University of Maryland values diversity in its students, faculty and staff including age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, and disability. Apply Early!! The first 15 students admitted to the certificate program are awarded the partial tuition scholarships!
Tuition and Fees
For the 2017 academic year, graduate tuition is estimated to be $650 per credit (Students get resident rate, whether resident or non-resident). Summer rate will be slightly adjusted. A $66 tech fee is added for the Fall & Spring semesters (not summer session).